HexTransforma Healthcare is a UK medical technology company leading in creating AI-driven remote monitoring healthcare solutions. We are a fast-growing independent company, you will be part of an exciting, rapidly expanding team of health-Tech game changers. Improved patient care pathways and out comes is at the heart of what we do. Using industry-leading technology, we are remotely connecting patients and clinicians. By 2025 we aim to have connected more than 12 million patients to their care-providers, and we’re only just getting started! Join us and let’s dream big and deliver bigger.
We build products that provide capability across the health sector. Our multi-disciplinary technology teams are made up of architects & engineers who work alongside product owners, business analysts and delivery colleagues to ensure HexTransforma Healthcare and our clients get what they need, balancing tactical and strategic goals and objectives.
What’s it like working at HexTransforma Healthcare?
All of us are responsible for the success of HexHealth. Our guiding principles: - Dream, Deliver and Care - show our commitment to innovation, our ambition to hit goals at speed, and our deep respect for the people we work with. We are patient-centric, data driven, and outcome focused. Our tech teams have a high level of autonomy to decide both what outcomes they should pursue and how they will achieve them. We are all about improving, innovating, and automating our technology and processes. We believe in being agile rather than committing to a single framework or ways of working.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Research and Product Development team as our Data Science Manager on a Permanent contract.
We are looking for a Data Science Manager to drive business outcomes, work in a flexible and creative way to help define the future and how we get there.
The Data Science Manager is responsible for the delivery of all Data Science projects identified and instructed by the Head of Data Science. They will ensure the delivery of an agile data science plan that delivers high-quality AI solutions into production.
The Data Science Manager will also work very closely with the Enterprise Architect to determine the most appropriate, efficient and cost-effective way to serve up the hundreds to thousands of models that will sit at the heart of the HexHealth solutions.
Data Science Manager responsibilities include:
- Reports to Head of Data Science,
- Deliver to agreed Agile Data Science plan, including research and delivery of new products,
- Delegate for Head of Data Science as required,
- Manage Data Science Team day-to-day,
- Identify and advise team on appropriate Data Science techniques and technologies,
- Lead and mentor the Data Science Team,
- Agree and implement model quality measures,
- Manage translation of research outputs into production standard models,
- Interface between hardware, software and production outputs,
- Review and feedback to team on Data Science outputs.
- Proven work experience as a Data Science Manager – ideally in both established and scale up organisations,
- 5+ years management experience, with at least 2 of those being as a Data Science Manager,
- Agile Project Management,
- 5+ years Python,
- Data Science Tools : SciKit-Learn, Tensorflow 3, AutoML (PyCaret, AutoKeras),
- Leading Edge Data Structures : Graph Databases, Graph ML,
- ML at Scale : Databricks / Spark,
- Containerisation : Docker, Event driven microservices & production ML models, Kubernetes,
- Data Engineering : Data pipelines, ML Ops,
- ML Workflow : MLFlow/Kubeflow/Dagster,
- Databases : Cosmos DB, SQL Server,
- Microsoft Azure,
- Healthcare experience is highly desirable, understanding the regulation and complexity of working with the NHS systems will be critical to success,
- Willingness and ability to work in our office in Brighton 2-3 days per week.
- Salary: £67K-£72K depending on experience,
- 20 days holiday (plus 8 UK bank holidays),
- Free daily coffee, tea, water, fruits, breakfast cereal, Friday evening drinks & chats,
- Access to fully funded training courses,
- Cycle to work scheme,
- Beautiful offices near the station and sea.
We are committed to equality of opportunity across our organisation. At all levels we promote equality and diversity, ensuring our people are consistently treated in a fair and equal manner.